Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dedication?

This whole blogging thing is intense. It takes actual dedication and setting aside time to unscramble your thoughts and toss them onto the keyboard. Then you have to rearrange so that your thoughts make sense and possibly insert some cute kitten pictures.

Ellie chose to lay on the couch that has her nerf gun.

Kudos to those of you who do this consistently. :) Especially the kitten picture part.

I had an audition tonight that went really well. My work was even called "fantastic."
(Insert applause and the cheers of one million fans here.)
However, having a scheduling conflict that would force one to miss a very important week in rehearsals was a problem. The director kindly told me that he couldn't cast me with that conflict and I really respect his honesty. So, good experience auditioning! And no role.
(Insert boos and sighs of one million sad fans here.)

I am totally pumped for that week that I am unavailable, though. Portland, Oregon here we come! I can just see all of those earthy Oregonians running for their lives. :) But in all seriousness, I love Oregon and the hubbs and I have best friends in the area, so we'll have lots of fun and plenty to do. It's been a year since we've been and I feel like my heart is craving the coast and the daffodils there. I wouldn't complain if in the future I got into the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Just sayin'.

And now for some funny things that make me happy at work (besides lovely folks who will remain unnamed)...
Dinosaurs. My desk looks like it has been taken over by them. I should probably produce a photo at some point in time for anyone who has not seen this phenomenon. At this point, this photo I've just taken in front of my laptop will have to suffice.



I also am enjoying doodling monsters of various types. I'm tempted to try making a children's book, just for kicks, with my little monsters. I draw these at work on little pieces of paper or stickies and they seem to brighten a few days. Doodling is often the only way I can pay attention during meetings. Otherwise I fidget and examine cracks in the paint on the walls. I just try to not get caught terribly often.


And that's all I've got to say for now. Tune in next time for a limerick!

No comments:

Post a Comment