Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Party Crashing

I lied.

I promised a limerick some entries ago and did not provide one. So this is what you get. If you provide me with a different first line in my comments, I promise to riff off of that and make you a sweet new limeric.

There once was a girl from Orange County
Who wiped down her counters with Bounty
She'd never met a man
Who promised to love homemade flan
Until she married a Mounty!

Eh?! Eh?!

Sorry.

Do you ever make up stories about people you don't know?

A year or two or three ago I read a book by Chuckie P. It was entitled Rant. Now, our buddy Chuckie P. isn't exactly known for writing sweet, beautiful stories. He's a mind bendy, twisty (twisted?) sort of man. Some of his books I won't read. But I digress...

Rant is a story about people who Party Crash. Not the type we think of, they like to crash cars. The trick is that you only try to get cars who are playing the game and you know who is playing the game by some unique, yet common, characteristic the cars share. For example,  if you strap a baby carrier to the top of the car on the designated night, you are in. Weird. But interesting. Also, you win points for your crashes. I guess that's the "game" part of things.

Back to my stories. Whenever I see someone with a coffee cup or something else common, but slightly wrong, with/on their car, I think they are Party Crashers. Are you sad you're still reading? :) However, this does make traffic quite a bit more entertaining.

In other news:

Ellie Penelope is going to be one year old in a few days. That's weird. Time went by so fast and she's just a kitty. She's currently playing a jealousy game with my laptop. It sits on my lap and she tries to push it off. This would be humorous if she hadn't actually come close to succeeding. I guess she's learning the ways of the cat. She's also learning to do laundry. Sort of.

Rolling around in our laundry basket. Like a helpful kitten.

Sitting in the laundry hamper. Like an imp.

I don't care too much to type about work here because work is work and home is home. However, working with high school students can be quite amusing. I must say, the trend right now is for them to use the term "ironic" incorrectly. It's the little things. :)

When I started writing tonight, I thought I'd have quite a bit more to say. I was wrong. So, dasvidanya! (That's something like Russian for "goodbye.")

No comments:

Post a Comment