Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The bunnies are coming!

I went on a walk tonight to the Starbucks around the corner just as night was falling. The sky was changing between five million shades of deep blue and I kept getting intoxicating whiffs of confederate jasmine. If you've never smelled confederate jasmine in bloom before, please do. It reminds me of the home I grew up in and always causes an instant bittersweet feeling.

On my way back I counted at least five adorable brown bunnies with white tails. I know that if I plant a garden the bunnies will become an evil nemesis, but until then I love them. I love that they come out at dusk and chew green things in fluffy groups. I love that they mean Spring is coming. I love that their main method of transport is hopping. Silly? Perhaps. True? You bet your sweet bippy. If you have indeed betted your bippy (regardless of flavor) would you be kind enough to let me know what it is? Because I have no idea what they are or how they became betting currency.

Also on my walk to my apartment I spotted a young man writhing on the ground. I became alarmed for his safety. As I got closer, I noticed that his writhing had a rhythm. Apparently his painful movement was this thing they call exercising. Crunches. Crazy stuff.

Today was honorary St. Patty's Day for me. I helped host Blarney Bingo at work and made these cute giant shamrock pins for myself and my co-host.

Not as neat as I would have liked, but when you're fighting a headache they look awesome.

I also wore an embarrassing awesome hat! Below you will find my best "Leprechaun Face." Don't worry, it is only allowed out for St. Patty's so you likely won't be assaulted by it for another year.

Check out the size of that shamROCK! Not funny? Pish posh.

I had fun and people actually laughed at my tomfoolery. Needless to say, I was surprised. I definitely giggled at all of my own awful, corny jokes. You want an example? Ok. Fine. Since you insisted.

Me: "Ok, I've got an I 25. I 25"
Crowd: "Mumble and rumble."
Me: "What's an Irishman's favorite letter?"
Crowd: "Mumble and rumble."
Me: "Aye!!!!!!!!"
Crowd has a bit of mild laughter.
Sarah: "I thought that was a pirate's favorite letter." (She is slightly serious.)
Me: "No, me lassie, that's the sea!"
Crowd has great laughter.

Believe it or not, that was beautifully terrible improv teamwork. And all done in something remotely resembling an Irish accent. I don't know if they'll ever let me hold a mic again, but I had fun doing it. :)

Finally, for a joke of my own writing. Please brace yourselves because this is a kicker I thought of an hour before we hosted: What happened to the Irishman who wore a plaid skirt to Fashion Week? He was kilt!

And finally, since this blog is getting much too wordy, I leave you with a doodle. I was in meetings all day, so doodles happened. This is just one, but it is the most relevant as far as the holiday spirit goes.

Please note the Doc Martens. And the socks.

Goodbye for now! Have a lovely day tomorrow and be sure to wear green. I've been known to pinch people who don't. :)

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is SO CUTE! Love the pins, love that bingo was called Blarney Bingo, loved the joke about the kilt (I actually chuckled out loud!).

    Hope you and hubs have a great St. Patrick's Day. I wish Dave and I were celebrating merely for the fact that I'm Irish and I adore Ireland so much.
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. the jokes and the doodle were my fave.

    love-
    Aaron Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, thanks! I have fun writing, creating, and sharing. I'm glad others are enjoying it, too! I am also a big fan of your blog. :)
    Aaron, for you I will continue to include such things. Maybe I'll dedicate one especially to you soon. I miss you, buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete