Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Don't Look at Me, I'm Changing!

Or not. Sorry, you were just victim to a statistical experiment. A friend commented that the title of my last post was like saying the title of this post. So I thought I'd check the facts on that. :) Also, I couldn't think of a good title.

Saturday, I went to a awesomely fanciful Bridal Shower Tea Party for my friend Harmony. She is pretty awesome and I'm stoked (yes, stoked) to be in her bridal party. I love her and her fiance and it has been a joy seeing them grow together. But I'm sure you're way more interested in what I wore, right? Ok, maybe not, but I don't have pictures of them and I do have pictures of the pieces of my ensemble.

Hat, side view. I made this.

Hat, in action.

Green BB Dakota dress, gold heels, pearls.


Sunday, I spent cherished hours with hubbs. He'll be in crazy long rehearsals soon and then leaves for Vegas and O as soon as he closes his current show, so I'm soaking up whatever I can get. We skipped church in favor of sleep and time together and then headed out to a Beer Brunch. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but it was quite pleasant and my coffee cake was a hit. That's what happens when you bake things like your mom does. :) We did other things that day, but today is Wednesday and my brain is already looking ahead to the weekend.

I made a pinwheel!

Tomorrow morning I take The Fluffy One in to get spayed. Am I crazy for being nervous for her? She's been extra cuddly tonight, probably because she senses doom. Good bye, lady parts... Hello, weight gain. If I'm this careful about a kitty, goodness knows how I'll be when I have children. Hopefully we've got a few years yet until we test that.

And now for my real story...

My car has a moon roof. Lately I've been keeping it open on my drive home from work because the weather has been lovely. I ALWAYS remember to close it when I park at my apartment. Always. Well, last night it rained. And it just so happened that last night I forgot to close my moon roof.

Kristi Fail Number One.

When I walked out to my car in the morning I found about 1/4" of rain in my cup holders. Once I had assessed the damage (not much) I started cracking up as I brought a blanket from my trunk. The thought was to lay the blanket on the seat to protect myself from moisture. Which worked. But the blanket also dumped the sweet Southern California beach sand on my seat.

Kristi Fail Number Two.

I got to work, waited until the sun came out, and rolled down some windows. I had joked with one of the ladies I work with that the "scene" that morning was like the montage of the beginning of a movie character's awful day. Luckily there is no Kristi Fail Number Three here. The warm sun soaked up the water and so far my car smells fine. The moral of the story is: don't leave your moon roof open. What? Was that too obvious? Well, bummer.

Good night and good luck.

4 comments:

  1. Edit. Apparently it wasn't the title of my post, it was how I referred to it on Facebook. I warned people that the previous post wasn't funny. And that draws people in? Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I like it :)

    Good luck with miss Ellie tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! You crack me up, and I totally want a sweet hat like the one you made/wore for Harmony's shower. Good luck with Miss Ellie today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you ladies read and comment! It makes writing so much more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete