Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oops!

Well, it's been a while since I've written, especially because I began this puppy thinking I would write several times a week. However, with life being what it is, I haven't felt much like writing. I'm still not feeling gung-ho about it, but let's give it the old college try, eh?

Exciting news...

Hubbs is going to an intern on the Cirque du Soleil show, "O!" We are so pumped and excited for what this means for the future. However, "O" is in Las Vegas and we are in Southern California. What does this mean? It means that for 12 weeks, hubbs and I will be living in different states. This isn't as bad as it sounds. Vegas is a four hour drive and I will go to see hubbs at least once a month. Plus, it could lead to an awesome job for him.

Less exciting news...

Friday night, hubbs and I went to see Romeo and Juliet at the college we graduated from. We had a few differing opinions, but the main consensus was that it was a good show. It makes me remember that one day I'd like to teach Theatre at a college. One day.

Last night, we bought a Ninja and made deliciousness happen. We had jalapeno and pepperjack burgers complimented by a blended margarita. Dessert was a chai shake. Needless to say, we are enjoying the Ninja, especially since our dinky teeny blender was starting to smoke smell funny after it had made a few shakes. Let's not have our kitchen appliances blow up on us... sound good? :)

We have the coolest plates.

Today, we went to church, did a bit more housecleaning (seriously, how much fluff does the fluffy one have to distribute in every corner?), and who knows what we will do now? Maybe I can talk him into a trip to the fabric store. I have a skirt in mind that I want to make. :)

They do this naturally. It is both cute and weird.

On that note... I've decided that while I'm not in shows, I need to be craftier. Either thinking up ways to rob a bank, or making fun stuff. And I need to do this multiple times a week. As a result, you may become victim to zillions of pictures of handmade items. I apologize in advance. I'm also looking into starting a shop on Etsy.com to sell my creations. Of course, the shop won't open until I've got a few things made to sell, but it is good to do my research. I'm thinking that I can sell for a bit of a profit so that I won't lose money by keeping on a crafty habit. Heck, maybe I'll even make a bit of money. That's a crazy idea. :)

The shoes I just got are the inspiration for the skirt I want to make. They make me swoon.

And that's all, folks!

2 comments:

  1. those shoes are fabulous and if they disappear....

    Also, want to teach me how to make a skirt/dress ?

    I actually had a dream about making a skirt last night.

    ps. can't wait to see you guys.

    Can we have friend nights soon?

    pretty pwease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they disappear, I will hunt you down... sweetly, of course.
    Yes, I'd love to teach you!
    PS It is mutual!
    Are you back in the good ol' US?

    ReplyDelete