Monday, April 25, 2011

Ball of Fire

That's the name of the movie I just turned on. Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck. However, that is also how I wish my body was right now instead of Ball of Dough. I challenge anyone to make Ball of Dough into a movie. Having a naturally quick metabolism turned me complacent and now I'm realizing that I need to work to be healthy. So... hey there Yoga! My mom and I figured this was a gentle toning solution to my needs, but I'm fairly certain I'll be hurting tomorrow after my very first session tonight.

Yep, she had to get in on the yoga.

I grew up in dance lessons and also played tennis, but I think I've lost all of my endurance and most of my flexibility. I can, however, do that fancy foot thing that yoga people do. It isn't obvious in the following picture, but I was sweaty and tired, so you can just imagine.


This weekend I headed up to Carpinteria to hang out with family. I love that the second I get near the campground there, the smell makes the corners of my mouth turn up and happy memories come rushing at me. My family has camped at Carpinteria since before I was born and it is almost a member of the family. It rained the first day there, but in exchange, we got a rainbow.

Momma, cousin Laura, Aunt Della. Awesome ladies.

For those of you who don't know my mom, she's a pretty awesome lady. I often find myself praying that I'll be half as good of a mom as she is for my brothers and I. See her on the left in the picture above. I was so glad that I got to spend some time with her and (of course) the rest of the family (not all pictured). I love them all.

The reason I can't be a vegetarian? Steak. An essential camping food in my family.

Among the skills I boast... firebuilding. Sure, they might smoke. But where there's smoke, there's fire!

I made and brought muffins!

As you can tell, I didn't have too many words to pull the rest of the pictures together. All of the above are part of my Easter in Carpinteria. Looks good, eh?

Hubbs texted me earlier asking if I wanted a fancy cupcake when I got home from work. Who can object to that? So I told him that if he brought me a cupcake I'd give him a kiss. I also told him that cupcakes are basically the same thing as roses for me. He brought home four cupcakes. I love him.

Close-up on Red Velvet, the flavor of our wedding cake.

He's getting lots of kisses for these. Gosh, I wish I had more to say, but the longer I sit here, the more tired I get, so I should hop in the shower so I'm not smelly for when hubbs comes home from rehearsal tonight. 

P.S. This movie has totally lost me. I think I'd better turn it off and try again some time when I can devote my full attentions to it. Gary Cooper is a cutie pie and I'd rather not think he's boring because I've got a short attention span.

1 comment:

  1. you got Sprinkles cupcakes!! I'm super jealous, I freaking love Sprinkles cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete