Sunday, August 7, 2011

Remember me? No? Oh, umm...

Hi.



It has been a while.

However, I've been keeping busy with friends, sewing, work, and apartment-y stuff. So don't worry, I didn't fall off the face of the planet. :)

I'm counting the days until I see hubbs again (six, in case you are wondering) and trying to keep my hands busy. I've posted two skirts to my Etsy shop but they don't look nearly as cute on a hanger as they do on a person. I'm hoping they sell, but even if they don't, I've had fun making them and putting my special touch on them. It often astounds me how wrapped up I can get in a project. I love the challenge of taking a pattern and changing it up or trying new techniques. Who would have guessed all those years ago that I would have loved sewing and crafting so much? Well, my mom probably would... :)



Hubbs made fun of me via Twitter about naming my Etsy shop after our kitty, but to be honest... am I supposed to make up a cheesy name for it or use my own name? Heck no. So, ElliePenelope seemed sufficiently fun and quirky, which is what I hope the overall look of my shop will be once I get a few more items in there. I'm hoping to eventually have a consistent photo style, too. Baby steps, right?

Anyhow....

I spent some time with a lovely friend today. I love how I am re-discovering these great female friendships. Even though I miss Hubbs so much, God has really turned this time into a blessing. I don't think I would have spent as much time with my lady friends this summer if it wasn't for Hubbs being out of state. Once he's back, I'm going to continue hanging out with the girls and cultivating those friendships. I think it will also make Hubbs happy to see me getting out more since I'm a bit of a homebody. :)

Well, I should probably get to making some things I bought fabric for this weekend. I've got a sofa pillow to make and (hopefully) a blouse out of a pattern I've drafted myself. If it works, I'll post pictures. Promise.

He's coming home soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit excited.

Adios.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who named her Etsy site LuckyZelda...why? Because those are her dogs names. Totally sounds awesome though! I like your etsy store name. So there...

    :) Cecie

    ReplyDelete